The primary function of a project manager is to set a schedule of deadlines for the completion of a job and assigns workers to each necessary step in the process. The project manager then checks on the progress of the project, communicating with the staff and clients as needed.
A Typical Day
- Assign tasks and check the statuses of outstanding tasks
- Conduct a daily morning meeting to go over items/tasks assigned and due for the day and determine if there are any roadblocks
- Communicate any issues with the team
- Conduct weekly job status meetings each Monday morning to gather and share information with the team
- Initiate new jobs for the client and create timelines and tasks for the work to be done (future planning)
- Review the timeline with the team to get client approval
A Typical Interaction using Time Management Software
- Create estimates, timelines and tasks
- Track the status of these estimates, timelines and tasks
- Ensure that the work is being completed on schedule and budget
- Gather appropriate task, expense and timesheet reports to ensure jobs are being completed and invoiced correctly.
A Perfect Day
- Both staff and clients are happy, and tasks and jobs are either on or ahead of schedule and on budget.
Top of Mind Issues
- Making tasking efficient and not overbearing
- Keeping staff happy and on track with the tasks they need to do to stay on schedule
- Workflow is efficient and the right stuff is getting done by the right people
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com